The Nonprofit Mergers Workbook, Part I:
The Leader’s Guide to Considering, Negotiating, and Executing a Merger
This book is the perfect starting point for any nonprofit exploring a possible merger and a basic resource for all nonprofit managers. From assessing reasons and readiness, to finding a partner, to negotiating the best path forward, to budgeting and implementation, Part I guides you through the maze of options with a steady hand, through worksheets, checklists, decision trees, full merger case studies, and an extensive resource section. You’ll learn:
- How to decide what kind of collaborative structure best fits your goals
- How to seek partners and objectively assess the pros and cons of each
- How to manage the board’s essential role in merger considerations
- What you can do yourself, when to call in experts, and how to select them
- Typical roadblocks and how to beat them
- And much more!
The Nonprofit Mergers Workbook, Part I will give you concrete assistance with your own merger plans and implementation.
(Available in print and e-book from Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Also on iTunes.)
The Nonprofit Mergers Workbook, Part II: Unifying the Organization after a Merger
Deciding to merge is only the first step in a long process. This book can help take you the rest of the way, providing a roadmap to successful post-merger integration. Using a practical, hands-on approach, supplemented by numerous examples from our years of research and experience, Part II addresses how to effectively integrate organizations that have merged, bringing together people, programs, processes, and systems into a single, unified whole.
You’ll not only learn about integration, its challenges, and how to meet them, but also the steps of creating a complete integration plan, including:
- Integration of the board, management, staff and volunteers, culture, programs, communications and marketing, and systems--one by one, in detail
- Common challenges, roadblocks, and crises that will arise, and how to respond
Written for the nonprofit leader, The Nonprofit Mergers Workbook: Part II addresses large strategic issues, as well as small practical ones, helping organizations create a comprehensive plan to achieve integration.
(Available from Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Also on iTunes.)
Learn more about how we help nonprofits and foundations forge effective partnerships.